News Flash


Posted on: May 7, 2020

Do I need a permit for a deck at my home?


To help answer some of your questions, decks do require a permit called a zoning certificate with Clayton.  Depending on the following you might also need a building permit with Montgomery County Building Regulations.

You do not need a building permit if you can answer yes to all of the following:

  • 200 Square feet or less in size
  • 30" or less above grade (deck walking surface to grade/ground)
  • The deck is not the front entrance door
  • The deck is detached from the house

Zoning Certificate application may be found at

Montgomery County Building Regulations -,-2,-&-3-family

Directions on how to obtain aerial for the ‘Site Plan’

Have further questions? Contact Jennifer at or (937) 836-3500 ext.114

Zoning Certificate Application
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home

2020 Census Takers

Census is still hiring for volunteers

Posted on: August 5, 2020

Garage Sales FAQs

Posted on: May 6, 2020


Posted on: January 31, 2020